Sep 07

Whatever Friday

Hey there party people! It’s Friday! Did you have a good week? I hope it was fabulous!

This week I…

{Hey, if anyone can tell me why my … are doing that weird thing, I’ll make you a pie.}

1. Tried on my #rfr5k socks. As soon as I decided to tag-along with the group, I knew I needed their signature socks.

Because, back in the day, I was Wonder Woman. And, darn it, it’s time I started feeling that way again. Plus, they’re cute.

{And, OMG how much does Jordan look like me??}

My race is on Sunday, the 9/11 Run to Remember in Sacramento. Are you racing this weekend?

2. Football started on Wednesday night. YAY! <Insert snarky face here.>

I made *special* Pumpkin Muffins.

And I gave you part 1 of the anatomy of my switch to WordPress.

3. We’re ramping up the school year: homework, activities, whining. Jordan’s teacher gave her a tip for adding and subtracting that finally seemed to hit home and she actually wanted to do her math yesterday, hallelujah. (Example: when doing 7 + 5, draw 5 dots on the 5 and count up from 7. Which is pretty much the same thing I’ve been telling her to do with her fingers or by drawing a picture. But I’m easier to argue with.)

4. I love this picture.

5. Okay, this is totally random. I miss milk cartons. Everything is in a plastic jug nowadays. I happened to buy a carton the other day and while I was pouring it on my cereal I realized I missed holding cartons.

Like I said. Random.

6. Last Fall, Mel had to go to Toronto for work. He brought me back a little glass jar of authentic maple syrup, which I proceeded to drop on the floor and shatter before even getting to use. Karen remembered this and look at what she sent me:

And it’s in a tin. That can’t break! Thanks Karen!

7. Hello lady? A the gym? Who put her mat 1mm from mine in a totally empty workout classroom (no joke, we were the first two there)? And then gave me the evil eye because she didn’t have enough room to plank? Um, I’m not moving. #Iwastherefirst #moveyourownself

8. I can’t decide what birthday cake to make myself. What’s your favorite?

{Side note, you know you’re a food blogger when you make your own birthday cake and it’s totally normal and not weird. In fact, let’s make that blogger rule #5.}

9. I was able to find both Candy Corn M&Ms and Candy Corn Oreos at Target this week. That makes me feel: 1. a little anxious because ohmygodIdon’thavehalloweenalldoneyet and 2. Happy. And I don’t even like candy corn. *shock* *gasp*

10. Have a great weekend everyone! Do something fun. :)

See you soon!

xo, Dorothy

37 Responses to “Whatever Friday”

1. keri @ shaken together posted on September 7, 2012 at 2:21 am (#)

#7 PERSONAL SPACE!!! #9 What?! I must hit Target ASAP! Have a great weekend, girl!!

2. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on September 7, 2012 at 3:46 am (#)

First off, I don’t see anything weird about your …
    As for blogger rule #5 about making your own cake, yep, totally with you there. Cause other hubs would go to the grocery store and buy one, ICK.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 7:15 am

You don’t? That’s cool. When I see them they are all up in the middle of the words. Weird! Thanks for letting me know! Oh, and totally. How many grocery store cakes have I eaten? TOO MANY. :)

3. Janine (sugarkissed.net) posted on September 7, 2012 at 4:03 am (#)

Good luck on your run, Dorothy! I’ll be hitting the pavement for my 1st 5k tomorrow!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 13th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Yay! That’s so great Janine! Congrats. :)

4. Laura posted on September 7, 2012 at 4:51 am (#)

#7 totally had a lady do that to me in a yoga class once. I was the first person in the room, set up my mat and she came in and put her mat literally overlapping mine by a 1mm. Then her friend came in and did the same d*** thing to the other side of me. I did move and never went back to the class again. (They were all a bunch of rude women who because I was the newcomer didn’t have time to even give me a hello anyway.)

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 7:16 am

Oh, I hate that. I call them gym cliques. And they kinda suck! Have a great weekend Laura!

5. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on September 7, 2012 at 6:51 am (#)

I bought those fun socks and then forgot to sign up for the race I wanted to do…guess I’ll be out running by myself in my rad socks!!! The lady in the workout room needs to get out of your bubble…really why do people do that? And my Target is so behind in putting out the fun stuff…I was there yesterday and only found pumpkin kisses. I WANT the candy corn goodness too!!! Yup a little anxious that I won’t find it:-)

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 7:17 am

MINE DIDN’T HAVE PUMPKIN KISSES. WTH? :) I really wanted them too! The Oreos weren’t with Halloween, they were in the front of the store in a special section. Weird!

6. Kristin posted on September 7, 2012 at 8:36 am (#)

Candy corn Oreos??? To Target I shall go.

That’s called “touch math”. *shudder*
    They teach it in primary grades and, I mean, I get why, but it leads to kids being super dependent on it, like they can be with counting on fingers. There’s a reason I don’t teach primary grades lol.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I know, I worry it won’t help in the long run. But oh my God, it’s better than her sitting and staring at me and then crying for 5 minutes when I ask her what 4 + 6 is. :)

7. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on September 7, 2012 at 8:43 am (#)

That maple syrup looks awesome. Can you believe I’ve NEVER had real maple syrup? Nope, sadly, I was raised on Mrs. Buttersworth. So I’m assuming maple is quite hurrah worthy! Also, I’m super glad you got yoself those candy corn goodies because THOSE GOLDEN OREOS, MAN. Friggin’ amazing. Weird you didn’t find pumpkin kisses; I found mine by the regular kisses but not near the Halloween stuff (wtf Target).

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Well you’re gonna have to come over and have pancakes then. Totally required! Oh god, those Oreos. And the M&Ms. DEVILS I tell you!

8. michelle posted on September 7, 2012 at 9:28 am (#)

i love the randomness!! i can’t wait to get those halloween oreos people keep instagramin them and making me really need to take a trip to targe’! and i love those sock! i have a pinterest board just for wonder woman :) have a great weekend, can’t wait to see what you come up with next week!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Thank you! You have a great weekend also! :)

9. Runnergirl posted on September 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm (#)

Good luck in your race Sunday!

10. Jackie posted on September 7, 2012 at 2:09 pm (#)

:o)

11. Heather @French Press posted on September 7, 2012 at 2:21 pm (#)

good luck with your run:) I’m not a candy corn fan – but those oreos look good

Happy Friday

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Neither am I, and they are!!!

12. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on September 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm (#)

As soon as I saw that photo of you on Instagram I wanted to say just how much Jordan does look like you but then I was viewing on the net and not signed into Instagram (I keep forgetting about it). Good luck with the race on Sunday. What do you mean by your … doing that? I assume you mean changing from 3 periods to 3 dots in one selection. I can’t remember whether it’s a Mac auto-correct thing now or whether it might be a blogging software thing.

The gym woman sounds like some sort of lunatic. I wouldn’t move neither, I’mma stubborn like that! :) That’s so sweet of your friend to send you some more maple syrup after the other met its untimely death. I’ve never tasted candy corn. I’m so intrigued, what exactly does it taste of? Is it candy? Like gummy candy or something else.

And finally [I won’t hijack you no more], I so get you on the birthday cake baking for yourself. I must admit as a new blogger that started blogging in December that on my birthday, in May, I was really hurt to realise that no-one in my family had decided to buy me a cake. I made my own that evening but now.. I get it.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I guess my browser is just being special for me, but my … is showing up in the middle of the letters. Weird!! Glad it’s not showing for others.

Candy Corn. Well, in it’s true form I don’t really like it. Dare I say it’s too sweet? It’s like vanilla-y sugar. But the Oreos and M&Ms rock. :)

For the longest time I wanted my husband to actually make me a cake (hahahahahaha). Now I’m much to anal and don’t understand the point of making something I’m not gonna photograph. :)

And hijack away!

13. Kim of Mo'Betta posted on September 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm (#)

Ha! I had those Wonder Woman Under-Roos :-) Thanks for the flashback! Wonder Woman (aka Linda Carter) was so cool with her outfit and “invisible” plane! And THANK YOU for letting me know that I am not the only person who hates candy corn. ugh! Of course, I still buy it every year for the kiddos!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Me too, my kid loves it. *shudder* Have a great weekend Kim!

14. Leslie posted on September 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm (#)

I don’t know about this for birthday cake, because it’s hard to decorate, but the best cake in my book is tres leche cake. I can easily eat one all by myself.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 7th, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Ooooh yummy. That sounds awesome!

15. Ashton @ Something Swanky posted on September 7, 2012 at 4:59 pm (#)

Dude. My #1 birthday rule is that I make my own cake. EVERY year my husband wants to do it and it’s this knock-down drag out fight, until I’m like “this is MY birthday present to ME!” Can’t argue with that :)

And I have no idea what you should make. I can’t ever decide either :)

• crazyforcrust replied on September 8th, 2012 at 7:24 am

LOL! My husband is more than happy to let me make it. Otherwise it would be from the grocery store. *Shudder*

16. Danielle Goewert posted on September 7, 2012 at 8:37 pm (#)

OMG!! I love your blog. I always seem to smile while reading it. No race this weekend just a short 18 mile run tomorrow:/ Really I do. Training for a full marathon. I have had some many ideas reading your blog. Thanks.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 8th, 2012 at 7:25 am

Thank you! That’s so sweet. 18 miles? You rock sister! I can barely go 3.5. :)

17. Elle posted on September 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm (#)

I love the Wonder Woman socks! Where did you get them? I know its dorky but I still love watching the old Wonder Woman series.

Bummer about the lame head in yoga. It reminds me of parking far away from the store so my car doesn’t get scratched and still someone parks right freaking next to me (with multiple empty stalls everywhere).

Normally my husband buys me a special cake from the cheesecake factory. But this year I was thinking of making my own….maybe I am turning into a foodie. Good luck in your race!

• crazyforcrust replied on September 8th, 2012 at 7:27 am

I found the socks on amazon. Only about $10. Thank you! Mmmm…cheesecake factory…

18. Jessi posted on September 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm (#)

I always make my own cake too. I have since I was a kid. Then it meant that I got to lick the spoon. Now it means I get exactly what I want. And at the moment this white chocolate cookies cake with a cookie crust, a cookie dough center, and butterscotch frosting is what has my heart.

• crazyforcrust replied on September 10th, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Um, wow. That sounds amazing!

19. Lisa posted on September 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm (#)

Your Whatever Fridays are my favorite. : )