May 29

Funfetti Coffee Creamer

I am way too in love with funfetti. And cake batter. And sprinkles. I want everything to taste like cake.

My coffee is included in that. Introducing coffee’s new BFF: Funfetti Coffee Creamer.

Funfetti Coffee Creamer - make your coffee taste like cake!

About a million years ago, I posted a recipe for Cake Batter Coffee Creamer. It was one one of my first “viral” posts, which is laughable to me now because, in comparison to the Funfetti Gooey Bars, well. There really is no comparison.

{Don’t judge my photos, mmkay? I tell myself I leave those there because it’s good to know how far you’ve come.}

That post happened at what I think was the beginning of the cake batter craze. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G got a dunk in cake batter, and I did my fair share! At one point I think I had 7 open boxes of different cake mix flavors in my cabinet. If the apocalypse had happened we could have lived comfortably on dry cake mix and peanut butter for the rest of our days.

Then somehow I found out about butter extract. I believe it was from Sally, who is the queen of funfetti. Butter extract makes whatever you add it to taste like cake.

{Well, within reason. I mean, butter extract on broccoli would probably just be…gross.}

I’ve been wanting to redo that post forever and now that I’m a funfetti addict, I figured it was time.

This coffee creamer is funfetti-tabulous!

Hot or iced, Funfetti Coffee Creamer makes coffee taste like cake!

My BFF Aimee at Shugary Sweets is on a coffee creamer binge, which is what made me remember I wanted to redo this recipe. Then when were were hanging out in Miami talking about upcoming recipes, she said I should rim the coffee glass with sprinkles.

That was one of those BAM! moments. I mean, does this coffee get any prettier? Plus, it’s kind of hard to convey the whole “funfetti” thing with a cup of coffee. It looks like I’m pouring milk into the glass – you have no idea that it’s a sweet and sugary cake flavored delight.

But when you add sprinkles to the shot, it’s pretty much a given. Sprinkles = Funfetti = Love.

Oh, and you know what is better than coffee with funfetti creamer? ICED coffee with funfetti creamer, Cool Whip and tons of sprinkles.

Funfetti Coffee Creamer - perfect for your iced coffee!

Making your own coffee creamer is probably the easiest thing ever. You only need 2 ingredients for the base recipe: sweetened condensed milk and milk. I used fat-free for both, but you can use what you like. I haven’t done it, but I’m pretty sure you could also sub almond milk or coconut milk for the nonfat/regular milk.

You just heat those two things together until they’re melted together, then add flavorings. There are so many variations, but this one has vanilla extract and butter extract. That gives this the distinct flavor of cake. #win

If you don’t drink coffee, you can use this in so many other things. It would be awesome in a milkshake or hot chocolate, or on ice cream. It’s like drinking liquid cake!

The creamer gives some sweetness and flavor to your coffee, so you can have cake for breakfast and feel okay about it.

Then you can have cake again for a snack, and again after lunch in an iced coffee.

It’s funfetti all day long. That’s a good day, in my book.

Funfetti Coffee Creamer

Sorry, I really loved these photos and couldn’t choose which to put in the post. So I used them all.

Did you know that when you spill sprinkles all over shaggy carpet, they kind of disappear? But when you drop them all over (brand new) laminate wood floors, they crunch under your feet and really show? #whoknew

I wanted to shout “Clean up on aisle dining room!!” but then I realized the cleaning crew is…me.

Funfetti Coffee Creamer - make your coffee taste like cake!

If you love cake batter or funfetti and you’re as addicted to coffee as I am, you need this in your life.

Be sure to rim your mug. It’ll make you smile, and if you’re like me, you need that at 6am!

Funfetti Coffee Creamer

Funfetti Coffee Creamer

• 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk (you can use the regular kind too, I just always have fat-free on hand)
  • 3/4 cup non-fat milk (or regular)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon butter extract

1. Place sweetened condensed milk and milk in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until combined. Remove from heat and stir in extracts. Pour into a jar and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
  2. Serving suggestion: rim your coffee mugs with corn syrup or honey and dip them in colorful sprinkles. Top iced coffee with whipped cream and more sprinkles!

Single Serve Coffee Cake

Mug_Coffee_Cake03-3w

Perfect Funfetti Cupcakes

Perfect Funfetti Cupcakes (8 of 10)w

Funfetti Pudding Cookies

Mini Funfetti Cookies (3 of 3)w

Irish Cream Coffee Creamer by Shugary Sweets
Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer by The Messy Baker Blog
Caramel Delight Cookie Apple Salad by Something Swanky (made with coffee creamer!)

56 Responses to “Funfetti Coffee Creamer”

1. Carla posted on May 29, 2014 at 3:10 am (#)

With this coffee anyone wake up in a good mood.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 29th, 2014 at 6:37 am

RIGHT? :)

• Carla replied on May 30th, 2014 at 2:36 am

I mean everybody. Sorry for the mistake!

2. Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness posted on May 29, 2014 at 3:13 am (#)

I am like you in the face that I want FUNFETTI all the things!
    I also love coffee…and I have butter extract in my cupboard (love that stuff!) so my day is about to get awesome! Pinned!

3. meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles posted on May 29, 2014 at 3:23 am (#)

I love this so much I pinned it to a bunch of my pinterest boards so I don’t lose site of it! Amazing. Can’t wait to try it. Maybe for my birthday coffee cup next week!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 29th, 2014 at 6:37 am

Thank you for all the pins!!!!! xo

4. Chloe @ foodlikecake posted on May 29, 2014 at 3:23 am (#)

This coffee creamer is amazing!

5. Medeja posted on May 29, 2014 at 3:31 am (#)

Looks so cute, colorful and lovely :)

6. Chichi posted on May 29, 2014 at 3:52 am (#)

This is just perfect impending hot summer days

7. How to Philosophize with Cake posted on May 29, 2014 at 4:20 am (#)

Woah. This is mind-blowing. I need to try this ASAP. And I LOVE these photos, the sprinkle rim and whipped cream pile and everything–perfect :)

8. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on May 29, 2014 at 4:41 am (#)

Haha!! LOVE this Dorothy. And I love that you DID line the rim with sprinkles. Add this creamer to my obsession.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 29th, 2014 at 6:36 am

Thanks for the great idea!! xo

9. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on May 29, 2014 at 5:16 am (#)

I am in love with this coffee creamer! I am addicted to coffee and flavored creamers, so this right up my alley! And I never knew how easy it was to make your own! I will definitely have to try this out, especially since it’s funfetti!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 29th, 2014 at 6:36 am

Thanks Gayle!! Enjoy! And it’s so easy to change up the flavors!

10. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on May 29, 2014 at 8:56 am (#)

How fun is THIS!!! Those sprinkles on the edge of the mug just draw me in even more :) I seriously want to drink this stuff. Don’t even need the coffee…LOL :)

11. Joshua Hampton posted on May 29, 2014 at 9:53 am (#)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen coffee look so fun to drink. My wife is going to love this.

12. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig posted on May 29, 2014 at 10:26 am (#)

Dorothy I love this!! Your photos are beautiful too! Miss you.

13. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on May 29, 2014 at 10:31 am (#)

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! <- I can't add enough exclamations to being to tell you how excited I am about this! GENIUS! Cake-ify ALL THE THINGS! Making this tonight. Drinking it tomorrow. I love you.

14. Shawn @ I Wash You Dry posted on May 29, 2014 at 10:58 am (#)

You know how I feel about coffee, but I’m thinking I could handle this! Bring on the cake batter coffee breath! ;)

15. Jenn@eatcakefordinner posted on May 29, 2014 at 4:01 pm (#)

Sprinkles on your glass – seriously genius idea!! That iced version is calling my name and I can totally see why this went viral!!

16. Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent posted on May 29, 2014 at 4:28 pm (#)

How fun! Any way to make coffee more fun and tasty is awesome in my book.

17. Laurie F. posted on May 29, 2014 at 4:47 pm (#)

I don’t like coffee or creamer, but your gorgeous photo makes me want to drink that!!! You are so creative!

18. Wendy posted on May 29, 2014 at 4:58 pm (#)

Love these photos, Dorothy! No wonder you couldn’t decide which ones to use. I do like the final one best. The sprinkles are so focused and you can see the creamer layer and coffee layer. Now to try the actual funfetti creamer in my coffee!

19. Mom posted on May 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm (#)

Very cute! And about the sprinkles on the floor; you’ll probably be finding them in corners and under furniture for months!!! :)

20. Heather @ The Soulful Spoon posted on May 29, 2014 at 6:20 pm (#)

This would make one kick butt smoothie!!:) I’m definitely going to try it out- thanks Dorothy!!:) I have to try this- it looks delish! I’ll share tomorrow on my post of finds for the week!:)

21. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl posted on May 29, 2014 at 7:14 pm (#)

You are genius, what a fun Funfetti loving idea! I love anything Sprinkle inspired!

22. Marla Meridith posted on May 29, 2014 at 8:03 pm (#)

Now this is the most fun coffee creamer I have ever seen!

23. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet posted on May 29, 2014 at 8:06 pm (#)

Clearly my cup of coffee has been missing out on fun! Love this creamer idea!!

24. Krystle(Baking Beauty) posted on May 29, 2014 at 8:37 pm (#)

LOL @ I want everything to taste like cake. Story of my life!

Love that it is low fat/FF. I thought fat free cake was only in my dreams!

25. Serene @ House of Yumm posted on May 29, 2014 at 9:34 pm (#)

AAAHHHH!!! I am sooo in love with this. Everything about this. How have I never even thought to make my coffee taste like cake batter?! I am so excited to try this out!! And I love all the pictures too. I’m so glad you put them all in there. I think it’s the sprinkles. They just make everything pretty and happy :) Hope you have had a great week Dorothy!

26. Denise | Sweet Peas & Saffron posted on May 29, 2014 at 10:54 pm (#)

Um, I will take some cake with my breakfast, especially if it is in my coffee, and ESPECIALLY if there are sprinkles involved ;) Looks delish!

27. Alyssa {Cake, Crust, and Sugar Dust} posted on May 29, 2014 at 11:32 pm (#)

Ok I might even like coffee if I put this creamer in it! I haven’t found a funfetti thing I don’t like…so if it doesn’t make me like coffee then maybe I will just drink it??

28. Carla posted on May 30, 2014 at 2:44 am (#)

Amazing post sorry for my bad english on earlier comment! Really i love your blog

29. Samina | The Cupcake Confession posted on May 30, 2014 at 2:47 am (#)

Delicious cake all day long to keep me up and energize me beginning at 6 in the morning??? AWWHHHHHHHH YEAAAAHH!!!!!!!! I’m loving this coffee creamer!!!!! I love how deliciously aromatic and cake like this will make the coffee!!!!!! Making a REALLY LARGE JAR of this cake-y goodness!!!

30. Liz Fourez posted on May 30, 2014 at 5:11 am (#)

Picking up some butter extract ASAP… thanks for the new addiction, Dorothy! :)

31. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron posted on May 30, 2014 at 6:46 am (#)

Definitely a great idea to rim the glass in sprinkles! This is so fun! And your photos are so bright and fun – which is especially awesome since coffee is well, kinda boring and black haha. You totally rocked everything about this! As you always do :)

32. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on May 30, 2014 at 7:37 am (#)

Oh my goodness, I need this in my life today!

33. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on May 30, 2014 at 7:41 am (#)

This seriously rocked my socks!!! You are a genius my friend!!

34. Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos posted on May 30, 2014 at 10:24 am (#)

“It’s like drinking liquid cake” I’m so sold on this amazing idea :)

35. Zainab posted on May 30, 2014 at 11:22 am (#)

Coffee and funfetti!!!! It doesn’t get better than this and mornings that start with this will definitely be the best ever!

36. Mary Frances posted on May 30, 2014 at 12:02 pm (#)

Alright Starbucks, take note, this is going to be the new craze! Excuse me while I go invest in gallons of butter extract …
    Love this, Dorothy, pinned!

37. Connie | URBAN BAKES posted on May 30, 2014 at 1:00 pm (#)

Dorothy, this looks wonderful!! I love Funfetti. Actually, I was thinking of making a Funfetti cake soon just for fun and because well, I just love cake. Thanks for the tip on using butter extract. I’m going to have to try this!

38. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on May 31, 2014 at 7:08 am (#)

Seriously the best coffee creamer and picture EVER!!!! I am so in love with this girl!!!

39. Pingback: Bites of Life (#15) | Noble Pig

40. Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files posted on June 2, 2014 at 1:36 pm (#)

Oh the cake batter craze! I don’t think it will ever end! But I am okay with that…it’s so darn addictive! I am excited to try this!!

41. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on June 2, 2014 at 5:51 pm (#)

So much cuteness going on here!! The sprinkles (absolutely adorable of course!), the photos (they’re all gorgeous, so you shouldn’t have to choose which ones you include! Besides, you’ve seen how many I post in my recipes — I’m the most indecisive person in the world!), and your “Clean up aisle dining room!” I think you totally should’ve tried shouting it, just to see if Mel would come downstairs. Or at least laugh!

42. Mandy posted on June 5, 2014 at 6:35 am (#)

You should make a funfetti section that had just funfetti foods and drinks!

43. Jan posted on June 5, 2014 at 8:53 pm (#)

Really good photos!! They have my mouth watering already with shots of your coffee creamer. Must save this recipe, thanks.

44. Pingback: Recipe Round-Up: Sweet Eats | avbofsteel

45. Pingback: DIY Birthday Cake Magic Shell - Crazy for Crust

46. Pingback: Recipe – Funfetti Coffee Creamer

47. Amy posted on July 9, 2014 at 6:45 am (#)

As I was obsessively researching cake recipes for my husbands birthday cake I came across a cookbook, momofuku, that says to use imitation vanilla extract in funfetti type things to give it that true box cake funfetti taste we all love. Thought that might help you kick this up a notch ☺️ Can’t wait to make it for the hubby.

48. Pingback: Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe