Easy Monkey Bread
You know how much we love Monkey Bread at our house, right? Like, it’s a sacred Christmas morning tradition.
You know what I love about monkey bread? It’s easy, when you take shortcuts. You know what I don’t like about it? How long it takes to bake. Who wants to wait an hour for Christmas breakfast? NOT ME!
Well, I solved that problem for you: I made it easy to throw together AND quick baking. The secret: using King’s Hawaiian Rolls as the base.
Yes, you heard me correctly. This recipe uses’s King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls as the base. Doctor them with butter, sugar, and cinnamon and you’ve got one of the best monkey bread recipes. EVER.
Easy Monkey Bread
Yield: 4-5 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
This monkey bread is the easiest recipe you'll ever make! There's no rising time and the bake time is super short because you're using hawaiian dinner rolls! Monkey bread in 30 minutes!
- 1 package (12 rolls) King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Mix cinnamon and granulated sugar in a small bowl. Cut each dinner roll into 4-6 pieces. Place in a large bowl. Pour egg over the bread and toss with your hands. Pour cinnamon sugar over egg/bread mixture and toss with your hands. Place bread mixture in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the bread mixture.
- Stir melted butter and brown sugar together and pour evenly over the mixture in the pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly in pan. Run a knife around the edges and around the center of the pan to release the monkey bread. Place an upside down plate over the top of the pan and invert the pan to serve.
Recipe can also be found on the King’s Hawaiian Blog.