Dec 14

Monkey Bread {King’s Hawaiian}

You know how much we love Monkey Bread at our house, right? Like, it’s a sacred Christmas morning tradition.

You know what I love about monkey bread? It’s easy, when you take shortcuts. You know what I don’t like about it? How long it takes to bake. Who wants to wait an hour for Christmas breakfast? NOT ME!

Well, I solved that problem for you: I made it easy to throw together AND quick baking. The secret: using King’s Hawaiian Rolls as the base.

Yes, you heard me correctly. This recipe uses’s King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls as the base. Doctor them with butter, sugar, and cinnamon and you’ve got one of the best monkey bread recipes. EVER.

You want the recipe, right? Yay! Head on over to the King’s Hawaiian Blog for the recipe. And I apologize for the drool on your screen. {Or is that just me?}

Again, for the recipe Head on over to the King’s Hawaiian Blog.

And…here’s a quick recap of my overload of sugar this week:

Rainbow Cookie Cups for a Virtual Baby Shower

Almond White Chocolate Magic Bars

Pecan Praline Cheesecakes

Oatmeal White Chocolate Pudding Cookies

Butterscotch Molasses Pudding Cookies

Have a great weekend and I’ll see you on Sunday night with a pie you’re going to love. Promise!

xo, Dorothy

13 Responses to “Monkey Bread {King’s Hawaiian}”

1. Ellen@Bake It With Booze posted on December 14, 2012 at 4:15 pm (#)

Um, those little 4 pack-o-hawaiian rolls at the grocery store? They call to me…Once paid for, they never make it out of the grocery store parking lot. No self control…I can’t image what this yummy looking monkey bread would do to me, my hips or my thighs! Great idea and lovely pics! Have a great weekend, Dorothy!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 14th, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Yes…they call to me too. SOOO good!

2. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on December 14, 2012 at 4:16 pm (#)

Wow Dorothy.This looks insane delicious and something that would get even the most stubborn of peeps [read: me] out of the pit!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 14th, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Thanks Lisa!

3. Claire @ A Little Claireification posted on December 14, 2012 at 9:25 pm (#)

You stop this right now!! Or else!! ;)
    Too much yummy goodness…

• crazyforcrust replied on December 15th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

LOL, thanks Claire!

4. Susan posted on December 15, 2012 at 9:56 am (#)

What a wonderful recipe. My lovely oven is being persnickety again–must not like all the holiday baking:-(( However, I found after the tragedy yesterday that I just didn’t feel much in the mood to bake thinking about the loss of such innocent lives. XOXO

• crazyforcrust replied on December 15th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I know. It’s so, so sad.

5. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on December 16, 2012 at 5:08 pm (#)

I adore monkey bread, and have NEVER made it myself Dorothy! Wow this looks so good and I need to rethink my recipe plans b/c I feel like a monkey bread recipe is a MUST considering how very much I love it. :)

• crazyforcrust replied on December 16th, 2012 at 7:28 pm