Dec 10

Almond White Chocolate Magic Bars

Oh hey! How ya’ doing? It’s me again!

I know, another post. On a Monday morning! I’m just here to give you hunger pains with your coffee.

This is a realllllllly important post. It’s a contest! And, because you love me…and if you want…I’d love for you to vote for me!

I was asked by Solo Foods to be a part of their Sweetest 16 Baking Recipe Contest. How could I say no? Solo Foods sent me a box of goodies, Iron Chef style, and my job was to take at least one ingredient and make a recipe with it. Then I get to go head to head with other fab bloggers in a March Madness style sweet 16 contest. Voting in Round 1 begins today!

When I opened the box, there was a can of almond paste sitting there, on the top, glowing. Really. It was glowing. Speaking to me.

It told me to make bars. Almond Magic Bars.

And, well. When canned food tells me to do something in a magical, glowing voice…you should listen to it.

These bars have a shortbread crust that has been infused with almond paste. Then the crust is topped with white chocolate chips and sliced almonds.

And then you know what I did? I mixed the rest of the almond paste with sweetened condensed milk. I mean…is there anything better?

Really, you need these bars.

Guess what? MY HUSBAND LIKED THEM. He WENT BACK FOR SECONDS. He never does that. Ever. And he did that with these…so you have to know they are good.

So…if you think you like them…can I beg for your vote?

Pretty please? With almonds on top?

Almond White Chocolate Magic Bars

• 1 can Solo Almond Paste (8 ounce can)
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
  • 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounce can)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13” baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
  2. Place almond paste in a food processor and pulse until the mixture becomes a fine crumb, just a few seconds.
  3. Place butter and 1 cup of the almond paste crumbs in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add flour slowly and mix until mixture becomes together (it will be crumbly). Press in an even layer into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
  4. Place the sweetened condensed milk and remaining almond paste in a medium bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir to combine.
  5. When the crust comes out of the oven, sprinkle the white chocolate chips and sliced almonds over the top. Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the top and spread evenly as gently as possible so as not to mix up the toppings.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Solo Foods sent me a box of foods to bake with. All opinions are 100% my own. You can read more about the contest here and you can vote for me HERE.

{Thanks, BTW. I heart you.}

And you should really check out all the other stuff that people made. My BFF Aimee is another contestant, can you believe that?

Enjoy!

This post may be linked to: Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat TuesdayLil’ LunaSweet Treats SaturdayChic-and-CraftyI’m Lovin’ it FridaysStrut your Stuff SaturdayWeekend Wrap Up PartySundae Scoop Link Partyand all of these too!

58 Responses to “Almond White Chocolate Magic Bars”

1. Pingback: Almond White Chocolate Magic Bars | Crazy for Crust

2. sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on December 10, 2012 at 7:17 am (#)

they will get my vote, anything that a hubby will eat deserves it!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

True dat!

3. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:12 am (#)

I would die a happy person having sampled this :)

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Me too! :)

4. Liz posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:24 am (#)

You get my vote…..they look delicious! Have a great week Dorothy!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Thanks Liz! You too!

5. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:25 am (#)

Eek, I voted! Good luck :) you should win because uh, these look fantastical.

6. Heather @French Press posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:29 am (#)

magic bars – yum
    you have my vote for sure:)

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Thanks Heather!!

7. Melissa posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:38 am (#)

I voted for you :) These look delicious!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Thanks Melissa!

8. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:40 am (#)

I voted for you!! I hope we make it to the end…and then I’ll eat all your magic bars so there will be no photo for you!!! YUM. Good luck!!!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Ditto with your fudge!!!!

9. Julie posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:55 am (#)

Voted for you! I’ll keep voting for you all the way till you win too! I LOVE Almond!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Thank you Julie!

10. Nicole @ lapetitebaker posted on December 10, 2012 at 10:42 am (#)

How can these not win? They look amazing!

11. Summer @ mallowandco posted on December 10, 2012 at 10:43 am (#)

Voted for you! These look scrumptious! I need to go pick up some almond paste…

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Thanks Summer!

12. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on December 10, 2012 at 11:18 am (#)

You can keep showing me yummy drool worthy pictures any time:-) Congrats on the fun contest! I voted for both my best blogging buddies…can’t wait to see you two in the finals!!!!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

That freaks me out! I don’t want to go against Aimee, lol. Thanks for the vote Jocelyn!

13. Susan W. posted on December 10, 2012 at 11:45 am (#)

Voted for you & right now it shows your winning! Best wishes darlin’.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Thanks Susan!

14. Pingback: Recipe For Lemon Bars Blog

15. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on December 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm (#)

Oh man, these could destroy hubby’s diet. Of course I will vote for you!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Bwahahaaha! Thanks Katie!

16. Pamela posted on December 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm (#)

Love this Dorothy! This will be nice for a Christmas treat to give to my neighbors!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Enjoy! Thanks Pamela!

17. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on December 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm (#)

Everyone’s making something with almond paste the past few blogs I’ve been to – and these bars are so me! I love white chocolate and magic bars and bars with tons of textures and flavors going on!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

These are almond paste overload – perfect if you ask me! Thanks Averie!

18. Erin @ Wholly Delicious Dish. es posted on December 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm (#)

I totally voted for you. These look mighty delicious!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 10th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Thank you Erin!!!

19. Helene posted on December 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm (#)

Yum, just voted!

20. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on December 10, 2012 at 5:34 pm (#)

Eeek! I’m voting for you right now. These look amazing. And canned stuff talks to me all the time. All food does, really. :-)

21. Shiloh Barkley posted on December 10, 2012 at 5:49 pm (#)

These look really good! I’m in love with almond paste these days!

22. Foodiewife posted on December 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm (#)

You had me at almond paste. Next to caramel, this is my weakness. Then, you had to add that topping. Whoa! You don’t have to beg. You got my vote.

23. Pingback: Crazy Sweet Tuesday, KICMount, and a giveaway! | Crazy for Crust

24. Joan@Chocolateandmore posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:33 pm (#)

My hubby would knock people out of the way to get to these bars. Now I’m going to have to add almond paste to the grocery list. It’s all good, he’s worth it, and I do have a long honey do list for him! I voted, be sure to let us know when the next round is!

25. Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips posted on December 11, 2012 at 6:03 am (#)

Dorothy, these are awesome!!

26. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie posted on December 11, 2012 at 7:47 am (#)

I always find myself shying away from things that use almond paste cause it’s not cheap! But these look totally worth it.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 11th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I think I’ll be going broke buying it now – I’m totally addicted!

27. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen posted on December 11, 2012 at 8:13 pm (#)

Oh I am voting for you for sure! Just let me know when each round is and I will be sure to make sure you get my vote! Love these bars! Good Luck!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 12th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Thanks so much Chandra!!

28. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on December 12, 2012 at 2:58 pm (#)

I voted and it sounds like your husband is a smart man to go back for seconds on this one.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 12th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

LOL, totally. :)

29. Pingback: Butterscotch Molasses Pudding Cookies | Crazy for Crust

30. Pingback: Rainbow Peanut Butter Cookie Cups | Crazy for Crust

31. Pingback: The ULTIMATE Christmas Treats Roundup! | The Domestic Rebel

32. Pingback: Monkey Bread using King's Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls | Crazy for Crust

33. Marty posted on December 17, 2012 at 3:44 am (#)

I have a friend that doesn’t like regular chocolate so this will be perfect for her!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 17th, 2012 at 6:21 am

Great! I hope she loves them! Thanks for visiting!

34. HungryLittleGirl posted on December 17, 2012 at 10:28 am (#)

Another week of you making me drool in front of my screen with your deliciousness!
    Thank you for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza – I hope I see you there again this week :)

35. Pingback: Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars | Crazy for Crust

36. Pingback: Raspberry Coconut Magic Bars Recipe

37. Pingback: Monkey Bread {King's Hawaiian} - Crazy for Crust

38. Shiloh Barkley posted on June 29, 2013 at 10:27 am (#)

These are I. The oven right now! Can’t wait to try them! Ps I was so sad when I read that I didn’t have to use the whole can of almond paste. That shit is expensive!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 29th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Put it inside some crescent roll dough! Make almond croissants!

39. Pingback: Oatmeal White Chocolate Pudding Cookies - Crazy for Crust