Jun 14

Peanut Butter Brownie Cake Shake {Guest Post}

Hey everyone! I’m still in sweltering sunny Arizona. Today I have a guest post for you from Kristin, from Kristin’s kNook. Kristin and I “blog” met awhile ago and I love reading her posts, especially her Sunday Funnies and her It’s Okay Thursdays. And I especially love her desserts. I mean, she makes things like Sugar Cookie Fudge, Cake Batter Ice Cream Cake, and Peppermint Brownies. How could we not be best friends?

Welcome Kristin, and thanks for hijacking me today!

Hi Crazy for Crust readers!  What up??

Kristin’s kNook

I’m Kristin.  I like to think that I blog about food.  But I really blog about desserts, exercise, t.v., books, the ridiculousness of Alaska…and ice cream.

My relationship with ice cream is complicated.  I love it.  That’s the most important thing you need to know.  The second most important thing is to know that I like stuff in my ice cream.  As many toppings, sauces, and flavors as I can cram into it.  I create sundaes based off of whatever I have around.  Peanut butter, candy bars, Oreos, marshmallows, hot fudge, caramel…all the good stuff. While it may seem like I’m adventurous… I’m not.  I do not eat fruit in, on, or around my ice cream.  I do not eat anything “fruity” in, on, or around my ice cream.  This means no gummi bears, fruit pies, or, God forbid, raisins.  But worse than fruit in ice cream, is plain ice cream. In fact, I get sad when I see people eating that soft-serve stuff.  And the one time, at Marble Slab, when my husband ordered the Red, White, and Blue mix, with the strawberries and blueberries?  I think I looked at him in disgust.  He was understandably puzzled at my reaction.  No, darling, I do not want to try it. So this is the Cake Shake.  It’s a shake.  With cake in it.  You can experiment with any flavors you want.  I happen to have these chocolate brownies with peanut butter cream cheese icing in the freezer.  But I have a feeling that even a Little Debbie Brownie would be just as tasty.  (Chewy, classy, and delicious.  What more could you want?)

Peanut Butter Brownie Cake Shake

makes 1 large shake (or 2 small if you feel like sharing; pictured above is 1 small shake)

2 cups of ice cream (PB, chocolate, vanilla, one of those flavors with lots of goodies stuffed inside.  It doesn’t matter!)
3 T. chocolate syrup (or hot fudge)
3 T. peanut butter
1 T. vanilla Milk
1 brownie, broken into pieces (Use your own judgment on the size.  I require lotsa brownie.)
Whipped cream, optional

In a blender, combine the ice cream, chocolate syrup, PB, and vanilla with just enough milk to get it to a milkshake consistency.  Toss in half of that brownie and pulse a couple of times. Pour into a glass (or two) and topped with whipped cream and additional brownie pieces.  Yum.

See, that’s what I mean. She puts brownies in ice cream. I love her! I know you’ll love her too. Go say hi to her over at her home, Kristin’s kNook. Thanks again Kristin!

22 Responses to “Peanut Butter Brownie Cake Shake {Guest Post}”

1. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on June 14, 2012 at 5:41 am (#)

she sounds like my kind of girl, fruit in sweets is just wrong!

• Kristin replied on June 14th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Amen and a Hallelujah.

2. Zia Blue posted on June 14, 2012 at 5:54 am (#)

OMG this looks amazing… I WILL make it one day!

Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

3. Susan posted on June 14, 2012 at 6:18 am (#)

You’re right Dorothy…this is worth taking notice of and I love too that Kristen “pushes the envelop” in baking! Thank you for the introduction to a new blog friend. XOXO

4. Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry posted on June 14, 2012 at 7:16 am (#)

Oh my! Sounds like heaven in a cup!

5. Hayley posted on June 14, 2012 at 7:22 am (#)

I’m am SO down with stuffing my ice cream and drinking every last morsel of that shake! Helllllll yeah, flavor!

• Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust replied on June 14th, 2012 at 7:30 am

I know, huh? I have tons of frozen stuff that needs to turn itself into shakes. :)

6. Back for Seconds posted on June 14, 2012 at 7:40 am (#)

Ah, we are the same, Kristin! I don’t like ice cream unless its packed with add ins. What’s the point? This shake looks like the best shake ever!

7. tom@morethanpepper posted on June 14, 2012 at 1:41 pm (#)

now thats a sexy shake

8. Jennifer {Mother Thyme} posted on June 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm (#)

Seriously need one of these today. This looks so good!

9. Kristin posted on June 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm (#)

Thanks for having me, Dorothy! I’m pretty sure one of my purposes in life is to make people happier, one milkshake at a time. :)

10. Shirley@bells-bakery posted on June 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm (#)

Looks fantasticly yummy! Great guest post Kristin :)

11. Baking Serendipity posted on June 14, 2012 at 3:03 pm (#)

This is an awesome guest post…and a serious milkshake! I love brownies and peanut butter and this way of combining them is over the top :)

12. Jocelyn posted on June 14, 2012 at 9:54 pm (#)

Kristin, that is my kind of shake! I love that you love to stuff all sorts of things into your ice cream. I mean really, plain vanilla? Boring! Lotsa brownies mashed into my shake, oh baby hold me back!!! This is seriously amazing!!!!

13. Debra Kapellakis posted on June 19, 2012 at 10:24 am (#)

rotflol….