Oct 13

Crispy Treat Pops (12 weeks of Christmas cookies)

It rained on Monday. A lot. Like, total downpour all day. Which is funny since the weather forecast had been 72 and sunny.

It was pouring rain when I went to school pick-up. I was being all stealth and smart and got there 20 minutes early…to no parking. Guess I wasn’t the only one who thought to get there early. Good thing I wore a raincoat and my ruby red rainboots, just in case!

All the wetness was made worth it though when Jordan emerged from her classroom. I handed her a raincoat and she greeted me with:

“Wow mom it’s been raining so much today! It’s totally hoaring!”

Me: “Um, what is it doing honey?”

Her: “It’s hoaring, really hard.”

Me, a 12-year old boy suddenly taking over my personality: “Honey, go tell [my friend] Shannon what the rain is doing.” (Snicker, snicker)

And she did. And then she repeated herself all the way to the car. A little bit of sunshine at the end of a rainy day.

Besides hoaring, a fun thing to do on a rainy day would be to have your kids help you make these pops.

Remember the Soccer Crispy Treats I posted yesterday? Cutting circles out of the crispy treats leaves a lot of leftover. Here is what to do with that leftover goodness: mash them into balls, put ‘em on a stick and dip them in chocolate. These would be great for Halloween or Christmas, just change up the sprinkles accordingly (if only I’d thought of that while I was making them…) Super easy and the kids love them.

And you know what else all this rain means? That it’s almost Christmas! So you might need some Christmas cookies. You’re in luck, since this is part of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies. Check out the blog hop below for more great recipes!

I’m going to go wash my mind out with soap now, thankyouverymuch.

Print Friendly and PDFCrispy Treat Pops
Recipe by Crazy for Crust
Ingredients:
Leftover crispy treats (or make some using the instructions on the back of the box)
1-2 cups chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, or white)
Sprinkles
Lollipop sticks
Directions:
1.       Separate your leftover crispy treats into equal sized portions. Roll into balls, pressing the treats together so they stay in the round shape. (If you find your treats sticking to your hands, spray your hands with cooking spray.)
2.       Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second increments (start with 1 cup and add more as needed).
3.       Insert a lollipop stick into the center of each crispy treat ball. If needed, dip the stick in some of the melted chocolate first, to make sure the stick will stay put.
4.       Pour some sprinkles onto a plate. Dip the bottoms of the crispy treat pops into the melted chocolate and then press into the sprinkles. Place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet and chill until hardened.

This recipe may be linked with:
        MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsTuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy’s Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesdays (Chef-in-Training). WednesdayCast Party WednesdayMade It On Monday (Lark’s Country Heart), This Chick Cooks.  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I’m Lovin’ it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home). SaturdaySweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters)

17 Responses to “Crispy Treat Pops (12 weeks of Christmas cookies)”

1. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on October 13, 2011 at 8:27 am (#)

So happy to have found your site, these are ADORABLE! So festive to have sitting out on the table while entertaining this holiday season! Thanks so much for sharing!

2. Geni posted on October 13, 2011 at 11:02 am (#)

How fun! Love these and so will my kids. Love your daughter’s description. ;)

3. Mary @ Bites and Bliss posted on October 13, 2011 at 11:28 am (#)

Yum, these look great! I love rice crispy treats. They always bring my back to my childhood. :)

4. The Poet Herself posted on October 13, 2011 at 1:14 pm (#)

I would have laughed, too. Kids say the funniest things! The crispy treat pops look tasty. Though I must admit, I get so frustrated working with the sticky mess!

5. BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} posted on October 13, 2011 at 2:35 pm (#)

Great idea!! I love rice crispy treats. I love the funny things that kids say!!

6. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on October 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm (#)

@Jennifer @ Mother Thyme
    Thank you! That’s sweet of you to say. :) Thanks for stopping by!

@Geni
    They are kid and adult pleasers for sure! Thanks for reading. :)

@BreAna
    Thanks! My daughter comes up with some doosies, that’s for sure! ;)

7. Karis' Kitchen posted on October 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm (#)

I really like the look of these. After making cake pops twice recently, I swore I’d never make them again, but these look like a more manageable version :)

8. kita posted on October 13, 2011 at 6:25 pm (#)

If those don’t bring out the kid in you, nothing will! Even I got all bouncy and excited when I saw ‘crispy treat pops’! These are great!

9. Cara @ The Boys Made Me Do It posted on October 13, 2011 at 6:29 pm (#)

These would be great for so many get togethers!

10. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on October 13, 2011 at 7:45 pm (#)

@Karis’ Kitchen
    I know what you mean! These were SO much easier. They are so sticky they tend to squish together really easy. Thanks for your comment! :)

@Kita
    Thanks! Crispy treats always make me feel like a kid again. :)

11. Joy @ Joy Of Desserts posted on October 13, 2011 at 11:13 pm (#)

Fun treats. :-)

12. betty posted on October 14, 2011 at 9:00 am (#)

You really like rice krispies! they look really easy to make and a fun thing to do and decorate!

13. Erin posted on October 15, 2011 at 8:00 am (#)

That’s hysterical. I love it when my kids do that! (I about died when my daughter was singing twinkle twinkle and she sang “like a hymen in the sky.”) =o)

LOVE your rice crispy treats on a stick! Genius!!!

14. E @ Act Fast Chef posted on October 16, 2011 at 4:54 am (#)

Kids say the funniest things!

Love these treats! So yummy looking :)

15. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on October 16, 2011 at 6:58 pm (#)

@Erin
    OMG I just choked on my water reading this. Too funny! I love the stuff that comes out of kids mouths. Thanks for your comment!

16. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on October 16, 2011 at 6:59 pm (#)

@E @ Act Fast Chef
    They sure do! Thanks for your comment! :)

17. Kim McCallie posted on October 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm (#)

They look great! Perfect for my kids. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.