A peach pie can be made with a double crust, lattice crust, or even a crumble topping. This peach pie recipe is easy and fast and perfect!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 recipe All Butter Pie Crust
- 5 cups fresh or thawed frozen peaches
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place one pie crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and crimp as desired.
Carefully stir together peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch. Pour into prepared pie plate.
Top the pie with a crumble topping (as shown).
Top the pie by making a lattice (see note) or a double crust pie. If using a double crust pie, be sure to cut holes in the top to vent during baking. If desired, cut shapes out of the top pie crust using a cookie cutter.
Place a pie shield around the edge of the pie and place the pie on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes at 425° then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until crust is baked through and golden.
- The pie will be a bit runny when it comes out of the oven but will thicken as it cools.
- Don't skip the baking at a higher temperature - this helps the bottom crust bake through.
- Store the pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze the pie for up to 2 months.
- Crumble Recipe for topping
- How to make a double crust pie: Basically make double the crust, then top the pie with the second crust. Cut some vent holes in the top or make a decorative pie crust.
- How to make a lattice topped pie
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 4.7mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg