Aug 30

Peach Pie Blondies & Marie Callender’s

I was a senior in high school in 1995. That’s also the year that the Niner’s won the Super Bowl and Alanis Morissette became a huge star. I loved Alanis. Like, totally crushed on her.

One of my favorite songs of hers is Ironic. I think irony is funny.

Lots of things in life are ironic. Like when you get home from the library and there is a message on your answering machine from them saying the book you have on hold is ready for pick-up.

Or when you wash your car (or your dog) and then it rains.

Or when you find the perfect little dress at Old Navy, and the only size they have it in is the one you wore before you started a food blog.

Sometimes reeealllly good things come of irony.

The day that I posted my Blueberry & Peach Dump Cake (and talked about my intense dislike of peaches) I got an email from Marie Callender’s. You know, the ones who make rockin’ pies? (And, um, that includes the chicken pot variety. I practically grew up on those.)

Seems that last Friday, August 24th, was National Peach Pie Day. Marie Callender’s wanted to send me a pie.

A peach pie.

<Insert irony here.>

When I explained my dilemma to the nice folks at Marie Callender’s, they thought it was funny too. They still wanted to send me a peach pie. But because I’m not a huge fan of peaches…they said they’d also send me the Peanut Butter Cream Pie.

Uh, what now? I’m sorry, did I get that last part wrong?

Nope. They wanted to send me the Peanut Butter Cream Pie.

Could they have picked a better person to send that too?

I tried the peach pie. The crust is delicious. If you love peaches…you’ll LOVE that pie. Especially with a huge scoop of ice cream on top.

If you don’t love peaches, buy the Peanut Butter Cream Pie. It’s beyond awesome fantabulicious. Like, squared.

Now…you know me. If I’m going to write a post about something…I want to bake with it. Also…I wanted to see if another concoction I created would make me like peach pie.

So I made you blondies.

And I put the pie inside them.

Oh, yes I did.

Peach Pie Blondies

• 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 of a Marie Callener's peach pie that has been baked, cooled, and chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9" pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
  2. Stir cake mix, oil, egg, and milk in a large bowl.
  3. Stir in chopped peach pie.
  4. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The filling will still look a little undercooked, but the top will be browned. Cool completely before slicing.

Did you know that peaches are the third most fruit grown in America? And that authentic Georgia peaches are only available 16 weeks a year, from mid-May to August? Happy (belated) Peach Pie Day!

So…go buy some Marie Callender’s pies. They kinda rock. :)

Thanks for reading!

{Marie Callender’s sent me two free pies to try. All opinions are my own!}

This post may be linked to: Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat TuesdayCast Party WednesdaySweet Treats ThursdayChic-and-CraftyTastetastic ThursdaySweet Tooth FridayI’m Lovin’ it FridaysSweets for a SaturdayA Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff SaturdayWeekend Wrap Up PartyWeekend Potluckand all of these too!

39 Responses to “Peach Pie Blondies & Marie Callender’s”

1. sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more posted on August 30, 2012 at 8:00 am (#)

Oh man that song was on the radio last week and I have not been able to get it out of my head. And I so would have eaten peach pie to get to the other one! But the blondies sound kind of good, with lots of ice cream on the side:)

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 8:41 am

Yes, delightfully cake battery with only the slightest hint of peach, ha!

2. Kristin posted on August 30, 2012 at 8:19 am (#)

This is a GENIUS idea. Brilliant. And so easy!
    I won’t tell you how old I was in 1995.
    Makes me feel young!
    And then I remember that my current students were born in 2003. And I feel really old.

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 8:41 am

Ha! I know the feeling. When we met, my husband said, “you know you feel old when things happened 20 years ago” and…now I can say that. Thanks Krisin!

3. Runnergirl posted on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 am (#)

Love your blog! Read a post mentioning you are in Sacramento – me too! Well, just outside of Sacramento.

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 11:00 am

Thank you! We are outside Sac too, in Rocklin. :)

4. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on August 30, 2012 at 10:08 am (#)

First of all, I LOVE your new site! It looks AMAZING and I’m so excited for you (okay, and a little jelly, but this is your day and I’m SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!). It’s seriously beautiful.

And I freaking love Marie. She and I go waaaay back with those pot pies. Love. Them. Madly. If I was a kid & you told me Marie also made dessert pies, I’d be like “but where’s the gravy?!” and start crying. Anyway, now my palate has expanded to bigger things like real fruit pies and I love hers. The best! These peach pie blondies look amazeballs and I’m glad you went all dessert-crazy and put ACTUAL PIE in your blondies. You know I love you.

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 10:57 am

Thank you Hayley! Now if only everyone could see it. :) Someday we’ll eat pot pies together. And I do have half a peach pie in my fridge if you’re hungry. :)

5. Back For Seconds posted on August 30, 2012 at 10:47 am (#)

Congrats on the new site!!! Lookin good, girl!
    Only you would think to put pie in blondies. Peach pie is not even near the top of my favorites list but I am very intrigued by these blondies…they look pretty awesome!
    And how fun that they sent a pb pie too! Perfect ;)

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 10:57 am

Thank you! You’re sweet. Gotta make the peaches less…peachy tasting, ha!

6. Susan posted on August 30, 2012 at 11:14 am (#)

As Arte Johnson would say (on Laugh In…am I dating myself!!) “VERY INTERESTING!”

7. Megan @ The Pink Flour posted on August 30, 2012 at 2:03 pm (#)

My husband doesn’t care for peaches either, but maybe he would like Peach Pie Blondies :) Thanks for the great recipe!

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

You’re welcome! Thanks so much!

8. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on August 30, 2012 at 2:30 pm (#)

Peach pie is a fave of mine and I love Sally’s recipes and glad to see you make this – because now I want to make it. Looks delish!

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Sally’s recipes rock. :) Thanks Averie!

9. Julie @White Lights on Wednesday posted on August 30, 2012 at 2:38 pm (#)

And now I have to go edit my post for Ashton. :) I love MC’s coconut cream pie. But your blondies look awesome.

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Ha, thanks Julie! :) Mmmmm…coconut cream. Must try that one!

10. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on August 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm (#)

DOROTHY!! two desserts in one. :) I love it! Peach pie is my favorite type of pie too. these are overloaded. :) PS: love that blondie recipe! AWESOME blog makeover too!

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Thanks Sally! Your recipe totally rocks, and I don’t even like peaches. I could eat the entire pan! :)

11. Crystal {@phatbakes} posted on August 30, 2012 at 4:03 pm (#)

HAHAHA! These look great and I love the “insert irony here” comment, must use this!!

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Ha, I have a feeling I’m gonna use it a lot too. :) Thanks Crystal!

12. Jen W.* posted on August 30, 2012 at 7:26 pm (#)

Now I’m super hungry all of a sudden. Yum!

13. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on August 30, 2012 at 7:37 pm (#)

Dorothy! I love the new site!! It looks totally awesome! Also awesome? That you put PIE inside of a BLONDIE.

• crazyforcrust replied on August 30th, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Thanks Ashley! It’s a work in progress. :)

14. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on August 31, 2012 at 6:40 am (#)

Pie in blondies…two treats in one? Why yes, I would like a ginormous slice of this please:-) What a super fun idea! And I am loving the fun new site…you amaze me girl! It looks fab so far!!!

• crazyforcrust replied on August 31st, 2012 at 10:14 am

Thanks Jocelyn! :) I wish I could send you some!

15. Pingback: Whatever Friday | Crazy for Crust

16. Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik posted on August 31, 2012 at 7:46 am (#)

Omg – that peach blondie recipe….I wish I didn’t have anything to do in this world except bake all of these desserts that I run across. Life is rough, haha. And Alanis, haha – first CASSETTE I owned, wow, you know what that means.

17. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on August 31, 2012 at 2:37 pm (#)

So I’m dying to know… did you end up liking the peach pie blondies?? They look awesome! But I love peach pie ;)

• crazyforcrust replied on August 31st, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I did! But I picked out any big pieces of peach…ha! :)

18. Jamie @ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom posted on September 1, 2012 at 3:47 pm (#)

Oh my, those look amazing!
    ~Jamie

19. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on September 3, 2012 at 10:56 am (#)

Google Chrome test comment

20. Tiffany/MyCrowdedKitchen posted on September 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm (#)

Dorothy, these look amazing! Love your new space. Did you do it? If so, amazing job, my friend. Can’t wait to get mine up and running. :)

• crazyforcrust replied on September 4th, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Thanks Tiffany! I designed it based on a Genesis child theme and I had someone transfer it for me. :) I can’t wait to see yours!

21. Pingback: Peach Pie Blondies | Crazy for Crust