Skinny Caramel Apple Salad
This Skinny Caramel Apple Salad recipe is a healthier version of an apple salad! Greek yogurt and almond butter make this a great skinny party dish!
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 cup Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds whole
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2-4 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping use sugar free, if desired
- 3-4 medium apples use your favorite; I used Granny Smith
- 1/3 cup chopped Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds
Place the 1 cup of almonds in a food processor or powerful blender and run until almond butter forms. You may need to stop the machine and stir it/give it a rest part way through, and you may need to add up to 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil to help it come together. Time varies depending on how powerful your machine is.
Stir together yogurt and 1/4 cup of the homemade almond butter. Add caramel sauce to taste.
Chop and core the apples into bite-sized chunks. Stir into the yogurt mixture. How many apples you use depends on how creamy vs. chunky you want the salad to be. Stir in the remaining 1/3 cup chopped almonds. Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving. Store in refrigerator, best served the day it's made.