Chicken Broccoli Skillet
Chicken Broccoli Skillet dinner is an easy 30 minute dinner recipe that the whole family will love. It's picky eater approved!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles or any pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets or more, if desired
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (see note)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese use fresh not from the green canister
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt and more pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken see note
Bring water to boil in large skillet (you can also do this in a separate saucepan). Cook noodles according to package directions adding the broccoli to the pan when there is about 3 minutes of cooking time left for the noodles. Cook until both are cooked, drain and set aside.
Using the same pan, heat the olive oil. Cook the onion and garlic until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the soup, milk, parmesan, and pepper. Whisk or stir to combine. Add the chicken to the pan to heat it through then add the noodles and broccoli to the pot. Stir to combine.
Add more shredded parmesan for serving, if desired.
- I used Campbell’s Healthy Request condensed soup, use what you prefer. You can also use cream of chicken or cream of potato soup in place of the cream of mushroom.
- You can also use rotisserie chicken in this recipe in place of my instant pot shredded chicken.
- If you are using FRESH chicken that is not already cooked: dice chicken into small bite sized pieces. After the noodles and broccoli have been removed from the pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken and cook, searing on both sides, for about 5-10 minutes (depending on size of chicken pieces) then remove to a plate. You want the chicken almost cooked at that point. Continue the recipe to make the sauce then return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan and let finish cooking in the sauce.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 593mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 62.4mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 2.5mg