Lime Curd Tart
Lime Curd Pie is an easy no bake pie with graham cracker crust and lime filling - even better than a key lime pie!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups (300g) granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (118ml) freshly squeezed lime juice about 5-7 limes
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest about 2 limes, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter diced
- Whipped cream lime zest, and/or fresh lime slices for serving
Make your graham cracker crust (if making it from scratch) using my homemade recipe. I like to cook the crust to keep it crunchy. Preheat oven to 350°F. Press crust in a 9-inch pie plate and bake 5-7 minutes or just until light golden. Let cool before filling.
Place eggs in a medium saucepan and whisk until combined. Whisk in sugar, salt, lime juice, and zest. Add the diced butter to the pan and turn on the heat to medium.
Constantly whisk until the butter melts and the mixture begins to thicken, 5-10 minutes. Don't walk away, keep whisking, and make sure it doesn't boil.
Once it thickens, remove it from the heat. Strain the mixture to get rid of any pieces of egg. Pour it into the prepared crust. Let it cool and set completely at room temperature, at least one hour.
Refrigerate uncovered until ready to serve. Garnish with lime slices and/or lime zest. Optionally, serve with whipped cream.
- You’re going to want to use freshly squeezed lime juice to make your lime curd taste as flavorful and fresh as possible.
- When juicing your limes, to make this process as easy as possible be sure your limes are at room temperature. Roll them on the counter before you cut them to make them juicer on the inside. If you zest the limes before juicing you will be surprised at how quickly you can juice.
- Use graham cracker crumbs rather than graham crackers for a simple swap. If you love the process of doing things yourself and want to crush your own crackers, be my guest!
- Lime curd is done when it coats the back of a spoon. The curd will thicken as it cools.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 321IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg