This EASY Eggnog Pie recipe has only 4 ingredients and is super light and airy and perfect for Christmas!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Setting Time 1 hour
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 all butter pie crust or frozen or from a pack of two, or my homemade crust recipe
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream or 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar optional
- 1 3.4 ounce box INSTANT vanilla pudding sugar-free is fine, 1.5 ounce size for sugar-free or 3.4-3.9 ounces for regular instant
- 1 2/3 cups eggnog use only dairy-based eggnog or the pudding won't set up
- Ground nutmeg optional (for garnish)
If using a refrigerated crust, unroll and place in a 9" pie plate. Poke holes in the bottom of the crust with the tines of a fork. Bake crust according to package directions. Cool before filling. (You can also use this crust, pressed into a 9" pan, poked with the tines of a fork and baked at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.)
If making fresh whipped cream, place cold whipping cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Add powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use.
Place pudding mix and eggnog in a large bowl. Stir until no lumps remain. Let set for 5 minutes. Fold in 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream (or Cool Whip). Pour into cooled pie crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before finishing.
Before serving, top with remaining whipped cream or Cool Whip and grated nutmeg (optional). Store in refrigerator.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 130mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 0.7mg