Coconut Cheesecake No Bake Dessert
Coconut Cheesecake No Bake Dessert is an easy no bake recipe filled with coconut cheesecake and a shortbread crust! It's heavenly!
Servings: 10 servings
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut , divided
- 1 approx 3-4 ounce box instant coconut pudding mix (may substitute vanilla, see note)
- 1 ¾ cups nonfat milk
- 2 boxes 5.3 ounces each Walkers Shortbread Fingers
- 4 tablespoons (57g) unsalted butter , melted
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese , softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract optional
Toast 1 cup of coconut in a medium skillet over low heat. Stir almost constantly until the coconut begins to brown. Remove from heat to a plate or bowl and let cool.
Whisk pudding and milk in a medium bowl for about 2 minutes. (There may still be some lumps from the coconut in the mix.) Set aside to firm up.
Make the crust: place the shortbread cookies in a large gallon size resealable bag. Seal the bag except for 1” (to allow air to escape) and roll the bag with a rolling pin to crush the cookies. Reserve ¼ cup of the crumbs for garnish, then pour the melted butter into the bag, squeezing it to work it through the crumbs. Press the crust into a 9x9 pan.
Place cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat it with a hand mixer for 1 minute, until it’s smooth. Add the set pudding and mix until mostly no lumps remain.
Stir the coconut extract, if using, into the tub of Cool Whip. Fold half the tub of Cool Whip into the pudding mixture, along with 2 cups of coconut. Spread over crust. Top with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with reserved crushed cookies and toasted coconut.
Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. This will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Learn how to toast coconut
- You can swap a graham cracker crust if you prefer.
- This will also work if made in a 9-inch pie plate or 9-inch springform pan.
- Don't use low-fat cream cheese.
- If you can't find coconut instant pudding, use vanilla and add 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract into the cheesecake mixture.
- Store in refrigerator - only freeze if it's made with whipped topping.
- You can substitute 3 cups freshly whipped cream for the Cool Whip.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 578kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 506mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 38g