Dulce de Leche Gooey Bars
Dulce de Leche Gooey Bars - this EASY sugar cookie bar recipe has gooey dulce de leche inside! Cookie bars with caramel are always a hit!
Prep Time30 minutes mins
30 minutes mins
Total Time1 hour hr
Servings: 16 bars
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (248g) all purpose flour
- ½ cup dulce de leche
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Cream butter and sugar with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or you may use a hand mixer). Once the mixture is creamed and fluffy, mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until smooth, then mix in the baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Slowly mix in flour until the mixture is just combined.
Press about 2/3 of this mixture in the bottom and about 1/2” up the sides of the prepared pan. Spread dulce de leche over the top, then sprinkle the remaining dough over the bars.
Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the top looks done and is golden around the edges. It will still be someone jiggly in the center. Cool completely before cutting. It’s easier to cut when it’s chilled.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Can't find dulce de leche? You can make homemade dulce de leche in a slow cooker!
- Want a semi-homemade option? Use store bought cookie dough (sugar cookies or even chocolate chip cookies) instead of making the dough from scratch.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 2298mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g