This is the classic Toll House Cookie recipe! Make old fashioned chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. These are an easy and fast cookie recipe.
Servings 48 cookies
- 2 ¼ cups (279g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (227g) butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (340g) chocolate chips see note
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional - see note
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
Cream butter, granulated sugar, band rown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Drop 1-tablespoon balls (or 2-tablespoon balls) onto cookie sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- If omitting the nuts, add an extra 1 cup chocolate chips (for a total of 3 cups)
- Bake in a 9x13-inch pan for 25-30 minutes (they'll be dark golden on top) for Toll House Bar Cookies.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 129IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg