Banoffee pie is the perfect mixture of graham cracker crust, dulce de leche, bananas, and a whipped topping. It is a lot, but it is delicious.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 can dulce de leche
- 3 ripe bananas. sliced
- Chocolate shavings for topping optional
Beat heavy cream in a large bowl or stand mixer until stiff peaks form, adding the sugar and vanilla during mixing.
Spread dulce de leche in the bottom of the pie crust. Top evenly with banana slices.
Spread whipped cream over the top of the pie, making sure it covers all of the bananas and touches the crust, stopping air from getting into the pie. This will slow the browning of the bananas.
Sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired. Chill until ready to serve. Serve within 24 hours.
- You can use a store bought crust or make it homemade using 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup granulated sugar and 7 tablespoons melted unsalted butter.
- Feel free to swap cool whip for the topping if you prefer.
- To make chocolate shavings, take a chocolate bar (any kind, but baking chocolate works best) and grate it using a potato peeler. Sprinkle over the top of the pie.
- Make sure your bananas are ripe to your liking, but not over ripe and spotted (like you’d use for baking – those are too soft).
Serving: 1servings | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.5mg