Peach Crisp Recipe
Peach Crisp is an easy dessert you can make all year with fresh peaches, frozen, or even canned!
Servings: 6 servings
- ¾ cup (217g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (60g) quick cook oats
- ¾ cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (85g) cold unsalted butter diced
- 4-5 cups sliced peaches fresh, frozen or canned, see notes
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (8g) cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Make the crumble by combining the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture forms small crumbs. You may need to use your hands to help it along. Set aside.
Place peaches in a large bowl. Toss gently with sugar and cornstarch Place in the bottom of casserole dish or 8-inch square pan.
Pour the crumble over the top and press down slightly to compact.
Bake for 30-33 minutes. It’s done when the crust is browned and the topping looks crunchy. Serve warm (or room temperature) with whipped or ice cream. Note: if you serve it before it cools and has time to gel, the filling will spill in the pan. It’ll set a bit as it cools.
- Fresh peaches: peel and slice
- Frozen peaches: thaw and drain well
- Canned peaches: use 2 (15 ounce cans) peaches, drain well
- Pan: use either an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan, a round cake pan, or even a deep dish pie plate or any casserole dish approximately that size.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg