Easy Blueberry Danish Recipe
This easy breakfast or brunch is a 5 ingredient danish with crescent rolls and blueberry pie filling!
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 8-count can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups blueberry pie filling
- 1 egg white for egg wash
- ½ cup (57g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract see note
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream see note
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Unroll crescent rolls onto parchment paper and press seams together to seal.
Use a knife to cut 2-inch slits 1-inch apart up and down both sides of the dough.
Spread pie filling down the center of the dough. Wrap up the slit pieces of dough like a braid or mummy. Brush with just a bit of egg white.
Bake for 23-28 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Cool before glazing.
To make the glaze: Whisk powdered sugar with vanilla and heavy whipping cream. Drizzle over danish.
Slice to serve, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. May prep the entire danish the night before, store in the refrigerator and bake the next morning.
- Vanilla Extract: you can also use 1 teaspoon lemon juice or ½ teaspoon almond or lemon extract in place of the vanilla.
- Milk: the higher the fat content of the milk, the more you need. The glaze is also runnier and less white the less fat content there is in the milk. So, if you’re using heavy whipping cream you’ll need more milk than if you’re using nonfat. If using anything besides heavy whipping cream, start with 2 teaspoons.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg