Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Layers of chocolate crust and chocolate pudding with no-bake cheesecake and whipped cream make up this Chocolate Lasagna!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Chill Time2 hours hrs
Total Time2 hours hrs 20 minutes mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 36 Oreos (from a package of about 14.3 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces (225g) cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup (28g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounces each) containers whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 (3.4 ounces each) boxes chocolate instant pudding
- 2 ½ cups (592 ml) nonfat milk
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
Crush Oreos in a food processor until a fine crumb. If you don’t have a food processor, roughly chop them then add them to a Ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin.
Stir crumbs together with melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Chill while preparing filling.
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer, mixing until smooth. Mix in vanilla then fold in one container of whipped topping (8 ounces). Spread cream cheese layer over crust and chill while preparing next layer.
Whisk together pudding mix and milk and let get soft-set, about 5 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer.
Spread remaining (8 ounces) whipped topping over the top of the pudding. Garnish with chocolate shavings. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Be sure the cream cheese is softened so it mixes smoothly with the sugar.
- Be sure to thaw the whipped topping for a few hours prior to making the recipe.
- You can use any cookie for the crust, and any pudding flavor for that layer.
- Can you make chocolate lasagna ahead of time? Make it up to 24 hours in advance. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freshly whipped cream can be substituted for the cool whip, about 4 cups heavy whipping cream beaten to stiff peaks.
- You can use any fat content milk for the pudding but I do not recommend nondairy milk.
- You don't have to remove the filling from the Oreos before you crush them.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 534IU | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 4mg