Creamy Chocolate Fudge Recipe
This chocolate fudge is easy to make and super creamy thanks to a secret ingredient: cheese! You’ll never know the cheese is in the fudge; it’s there to add texture and creaminess. This will become a favorite chocolate fudge recipe!
Servings: 36 pieces
- 2 pounds powdered sugar 907g
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 50g
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces block American Cheese 227g
- 1 cup unsalted butter 227g, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped nuts, optional (pecans or walnuts work best, but use your favorite)
Important: read the recipe and notes before beginning.
Prepare a 9-inch square pan by lining it with foil and spraying with nonstick spray.
Place powdered sugar and cocoa in a large bowl and whisk to combine. If there are lots of lumps, sift them together, but just whisking should be fine. Set aside.
Add butter and cheese to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it’s melted and smooth.
Remove from the heat as soon as it’s melted together and immediately stir the cheese mixture into the sugar mixture. Don’t let the cheese mixture cool or it will thicken too much.
Stir the vanilla and nuts and mix well into the fudge mixture. Immediately press into the prepared pan.
Chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 1-2 hours. Slice and serve.
Adapted from Food Network.
- It’s easiest to make this with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, but otherwise just use a large bowl and a wooden spoon or a hand mixer (the mixture will be thick and stiff to stir).
- When making fudge it is important you have all your ingredients measured and your pan ready to go. It’s a quick recipe – be sure to read these instructions before beginning.
- You can also put this in a 9x13-inch pan to make more, smaller pieces. Don't use smaller than a 9-inch square.
- To use SALTED BUTTER: omit the salt in the recipe.
- If you can't find block american cheese, you can use white cheddar as well.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 217IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg