Strawberry Jello Poke Cake Recipe
Jello Poke cake is a classic cake recipe that uses a cake mix and strawberry jell-o, but you can use any flavor! Top it off with your favorite frosting.
Servings: 18 servings
- 1 approx 15 ounce box cake mix plus ingredients to make the cake
- 1 (4 serving size) box strawberry Jello , or any flavor
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water
- Whipped Cream Frosting see note
Make the cake as directed on the box using the eggs, water and oil called for. Bake cake in a 9x13-inch pan as directed.
Cool cake at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Stir the Jello powder into the boiling water until gelatin is dissolved.
Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke about 20 holes in the cake, evenly spaced.
Carefully pour the liquid Jell-O mixture over the top of the cake.
Allow to cool for at least one hour before frosting. Frost as desired, garnishing with fresh berries if you want.
Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For frosting you can use ANY kind you like:
Storing and Make Ahead:
- Whipped Cream Frosting
- Buttercream Frosting
- Cool Whip
- Fresh whipped cream (won’t last as long; frost right before serving)
- Canned frosting
- The cake is best after sitting for several hours, so you can make it the day before.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for several days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg