Homemade Dog Cake
This easy homemade Dog Cake is a peanut butter cake perfect for your pups birthday!
Servings: 1 6-inch cake
For the Cupcake
- ¾ cup (93g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons (33g) peanut butter (see important note)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- ¼ cup (62g) applesauce unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons (42g) honey
For the Frosting
- ½ cup (118ml) heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 6-inch round cake pan (or a 9x5-inch bread pan) with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Stir flour, baking soda, baking powder, peanut butter, oil, applesauce, egg and honey. Pour into pans. Bake 20-30 minutes, until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
To make frosting: beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Frost cake as desired. You can double the frosting recipe and torte the cake (cut the cake in half horizontally) to make it a 2-layer cake.
Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Please use your discretion when it comes to feeding your dog. I am not a vet nor am I a doggy nutritionist. If you think your dog is allergic to any of the ingredients please take caution. This cake has been enjoyed by many dogs just fine - but use your knowledge of your dog and your common sense when feeding. Crazy for Crust is not responsible for how your dog reacts to a recipe.
- PEANUT BUTTER: do NOT USE anything with xylitol - be sure to read the ingredients list. Natural peanut butter is best.
Serving: 1cake | Calories: 1423kcal | Carbohydrates: 123g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 95g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Cholesterol: 374mg | Sodium: 825mg | Potassium: 622mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 2055IU | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 5.9mg