THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
This is the BEST Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe you'll ever make. It's soft and chewy and full of peanut butter flavor. It's a classic - and it's my husband's favorite cookie!
Servings: 24 cookies
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (200g) creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup (150g) light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cup (217g) all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
Place butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using a hand or a stand mixer, mix until combined then add both sugars. Cream until smooth. Mix in egg, vanilla, and milk and mix on medium speed until combined.
Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing.
Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough and place 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Using a fork, create a criss cross pattern on the cookies to flatten slightly. (Tip: if the dough starts sticking to the fork, dip it in a bit of granulated sugar.)
Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown and the tops are no longer glossy. Cool on cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
Baking times: 1-tablespoon cookies: 7-11 minutes 2-tablespoon cookies: 9-13 minutes Jumbo 1/4 cup cookies: 10-15 minutes 9x13-inch pan: 20-25 minutes
- Any kind of milk or nondairy milk may be used
- Omit salt if using salted butter
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months
- Chunky peanut butter can be used but don't use natural peanut butter.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 73mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.6mg