Crumb Topping Recipe
Crumb topping for pie is such an easy recipe. This crumble recipe can also be used to top muffins or coffee cake!
Servings: 8 servings
- 12 tablespoons (170g) unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup (133g) sugar (packed brown sugar or granulated sugar or a combination)
- 1 ½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Grate cold butter into a large bowl. Alternately, you can dice it small.
Add sugar: use all brown or all white or a combination to make ⅔ cup. Use whatever combination you like (I like using ⅓ cup each brown and white).
Add flour and then, using a pastry cutter, work the butter into the flour and sugar until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
Use crumble as recipe directs, on a fruit pie or on muffins or coffee cake. Bake as directed in recipe.
- Store crumble in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before using.
- If using salted butter, omit added salt.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 30mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1.1mg