ICEE Cupcakes - this easy and fun cupcake recipe has a cherry ICEE frosting! Mini cupcakes with icing and a free printable label - kids LOVE THESE!
Servings 4 dozen mini cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix made and baked as directed in mini cupcake pans about 4 dozen cupcakes
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small box cherry Jell-O mix
- 1-2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice or milk for consistency
- Red straws
- ICEE label and extra cupcake liners as seen in photos
Beat butter until fluffy in a very large bowl. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and mix well between additions. Beat in salt.
Add cherry Jell-O powder and beat until combined. Add maraschino cherry juice and/or to the mixture until you get a good frosting consistency.
Squeeze onto the top of cupcakes in on large mound. Cut each red straw in fourths and stick into icing. If your frosting seems gritty at first, try adding a little cream or milk and mixing, adding more powdered sugar if needed to thicken.
This makes a LOT of frosting. You can also divide the recipe in half if you need less.