Strawberry Banana Bread
Easy Strawberry Banana Bread - a banana bread made from pancake mix and filled with tons of strawberries and a strawberry glaze on top. Perfect for brunch!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 medium overripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (59ml) water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
- 1/2 cup (119ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (244g) Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- 1 cup (149g) chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup (86g) powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 drops red food coloring optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray (the kind with flour in it) or grease and flour the pan.
Add banana to a large bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher.
Add eggs, water, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and oil. Stir.
Add sugar and pancake mix. Stir to combine.
Gently fold in strawberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs right from the center of the loaf. Cool 15-20 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before frosting.
Make the glaze: whisk together powdered sugar with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, strawberry extract (if using), and 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Add more cream as needed for consistency. Add food coloring, if desired. Frost bread. Frosting won't set completely but will get a crust on the outside.
Store bread covered for up to 3 days on the counter or freeze unfrosted bread for up to 3 months.
- When making frosting, you can use any kind of milk but know that the thinner the milk the thinner the frosting. Nonfat milk is thinner than heavy cream, etc. You will need less milk the thinner it is.
- You can use any pancake mix that only requires water to make the pancakes. Do not substitute Bisquik or others like that, just Krusteaz or similar.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 138IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg