Steak Fajita Pasta
Steak Fajita Pasta - An easy one pot pasta recipe that combines fajitas with pasta night! This easy weeknight dinner recipe can be made with steak or chicken and is perfect to feed the family.
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes depending on how hot you like it
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound beef stir fry meat or any cut sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 bell peppers any colors, sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 can 15 ounces diced or petite diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups beef or chicken stock or water
- 10 ounces dried pasta I used penne, about 3 cups dry
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Stir together all spices, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over meat and rub in to coat all sides and pieces.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the steak and cook, turning as needed to brown all sides, for about 5 minutes until browned and mostly cooked through. The time it takes will depend on the thickness of your cut. Remove to a plate.
Add onions, peppers, and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place with the steak.
Add the tomatoes, stock or water, and pasta to the pan. Boil, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked through, about 8-12 minutes. There will still be some liquid in the pan (this is your sauce).
Return the meat and peppers to the pan with the pasta. Stir in sour cream. Cook over low heat just until the sour cream is distributed through the sauce and all the components are hot. Serve immediately.