Reese's Pieces Cookies
Reese's Pieces Cookies are a basic chocolate chip cookie filled with Reese's Pieces instead of chocolate chips! This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe made even better with the peanut butter crunch of the candy.
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces Candy use regular ones or the minis in the baking aisle
Note: This dough requires chilling.
Place melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Add granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in Reese's Pieces.
Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
- Want to use both chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces? Use 1 cup of each.
- If you notice that your cookies are not flattening out, it means they're too cold. Lightly press down with the palm of your hand before putting them in the oven to help them flatten. Also, when you remove the pan from the oven after baking, tap the pan on the stovetop and they'll flatten a bit more as well.
- You know these are done when they JUST lose their glossy sheen.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 135mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g