Coconut Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Bars
These Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Bars are made for coconut lover's! They're easy and have no flour, plus they're full of pumpkin pie spice and white chocolate!
Servings 9 -12 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes or shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, and spices and stir until smooth. Stir in the oats and coconut until well combined, then stir in white chocolate and pecans.
Scrape the mixture into prepared pan and press evenly. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the coconut is golden and lightly toasted around the edges. Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing. Store in an airtight container.
Note: these are crumbly bars even when they’re cool but if you cut them warm they’ll fall apart. I like them best that way with ice cream!
Feel free to substitute any nuts and and any kind of chocolate for the white chocolate chips. You can also omit the pumpkin pie spices for a non-fall dessert.