BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
EASY BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad - this yummy pasta salad recipe is full of corn, tomatoes and chicken and dressed with a BBQ sauce vinigarette! It's the perfect easy weeknight meal or potluck pasta dish. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken!
Servings 6 -8 servings (main dish)
For the salad:
- 1/2 lb. Rotini Pasta cooked and drained according to package directions
- 3/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen and thawed or fresh, cut off a cooked cob
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded chicken I used rotisserie
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or to taste
- BBQ sauce dressing recipe follows
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste or 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Stir together cooled pasta, onion, corn, tomatoes, chicken, and cilantro in a large bowl.
Make the dressing: add all dressing ingredients to a jar or sealed container. Seal and shake well to combine. Pour over pasta salad and toss to combine.
Serve within 2 days. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.