Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe
This recipe has the best combination of citrus-y lemon and savory zucchini, put into bread form. It is topped with a sweet lemon glaze that everyone will love!
Servings: 10 servings
- ½ cup 119ml vegetable oil
- ¾ cup 150g granulated sugar
- ¼ cup 50g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups 186g all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups approximately 152g shredded zucchini
For the glaze:
- ½ cup 57g Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x4-inch or 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
Add oil, both sugars, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
Mix in baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Stir in flour, mixture will be thick. Add zucchini and stir until combined – mixture will get looser and more pourable after stirring in zucchini.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes (9x5-inch pan) or 55-65 minutes (8x4-inch) pan, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
Cool before adding glaze.
To make glaze: whisk powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, adding more as needed for desired consistency. Drizzle over bread.
Store covered for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Be sure to shred your own zucchini using the large holes of a box grater. Do not drain or squeeze liquid out of the zucchini – you need the moisture to keep the bread moist.
- Sugar: I like the mix of brown and granulated but you can omit the brown sugar and use 1 cup granulated if you prefer.
- The 8x4-inch loaf will bake more domed, while the 9x5-inch pan will be flatter.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg