Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are your classic chocolate chip cookies but with an extra crunch and a delicious taste!
- 1 ¼ cups (155g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (16g) cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (67g) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (160g) mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
Place flour in a medium size bowl. Add cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine then set aside.
Stir melted butter with granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
Add egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop 1 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto prepared cookie sheets, 3 inches apart.
Bake for 16-20 minutes or until they’re a rich golden brown all over the top and not glossy.
Let cool at least 10 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. Cookies will get crunchy as they cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freeze baked cookies for up to 2 months.
- You can freeze cookie dough balls but allow them to thaw and come to room
temperature before baking.
- Dough will be soft when scooping, but should not flatten on the cookie sheet. If dough is too soft, allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping cookies.
- Mini chocolate chips allow the cookies to flatten correctly and ensure that you’ll have
chocolate in every bite. I don’t recommend regular-sized chocolate chips in this recipe, but you can chop up baking chocolate if you can’t find mini chips.
- You can use any fat content milk or nondairy milk, but a higher fat content might change the texture a little bit, but it shouldn’t be noticeable.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 137IU | Vitamin C: 0.04mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.4mg