Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a fun and easy quick bread recipe full of chocolate chips!
Servings: 10 servings
- ½ cup (119ml) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (approximately 152g) shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips plus more for the top
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x4-inch or 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
Add oil, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
Mix in cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Stir in flour, mixture will be thick. Add zucchini and stir until combined – mixture will get looser and more pourable after stirring in zucchini. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
Bake 50-60 minutes (9x5-inch pan) or 55-65 minutes (8x4-inch) pan, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
Cool before slicing or removing from the pan. Store covered for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Be sure to shred your own zucchini using the large holes of a box grater. Do not drain or squeeze liquid out of the zucchini – you need the moisture to keep the bread moist.
- Sugar: I like the mix of brown and granulated but you can omit the brown sugar and use 1 cup granulated if you prefer.
- The 8x4-inch loaf will bake more domed, while the 9x5-inch pan will be flatter.
- Feel free to add in ½ cup chopped nuts with the chocolate chips after stirring in zucchini.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg