Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
Make sure to make a double batch and share one. Everyone loves a good peanut butter candy. This is an age old recipe, better than any Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!
Servings: 36 balls
- 1 cup (283g) creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons (84g) butter
- 2 ¾ cups (311g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package 10 ounces Chocolate melting chocolate (such as Ghiradelli or Candiquik)
In a mixing bowl, cream the peanut butter and butter together with a hand mixer.
Slowly add the powdered sugar until well combined. Add the vanilla.
Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
Scoop 1-inch balls of the peanut butter mixture and roll into a ball. Place on the cookie sheet. Continue until all the peanut butter mixture is gone.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes until hardened.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the melting wafers for 30 seconds. Stir and if not completely melted add for an additional 10 seconds, stir and repeat as necessary. (Refer to package directions for melting instructions as well.)
Remove the peanut butter balls from the refrigerator. Using a toothpick, dip one ball at a time into the chocolate until covered. Place back on the lined cookie sheet. Let harden completely before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
There have been some comments saying the recipe is too sweet or doesn't work. It DOES work - I've made them several times. Here are some tips:
This recipe does work. Just have patience with mixing - it takes awhile to get the mixture all together.
- The dough comes together easily if using a stand mixer. If you're using a hand mixer, you might want to reduce the sugar to 2 1/2 cups.
- Be sure you're measuring your sugar correctly and not packing it. I have added the weights in grams so that helps.
- I find 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar to be fine for sweetness and taste. If you want them less sweet you can reduce sugar to 2 1/2 cups.
- Make sure you're using SALTED butter. If you're using unsalted add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg