4th of July M&M Cookies Recipe
These 4th of July M&M Cookies are my favorite sugar cookie recipe FULL of patriotic M&Ms! These are great for a 4th of July party and everyone loves my simple chewy sugar cookies with M&Ms.
Servings: 17 cookies (depending on size)
For the Cookies
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups patriotic M&Ms or any color
Make the Cookies:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheet with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer). Cream until the mixture is fluffy, about one minute.
Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until smooth, then mix in baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Add flour and mix until cookie dough forms. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of M&Ms.
Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls 2-inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 11-15 minutes, or until the bottoms are just starting get golden and the top is no longer glossy. Press a few more M&Ms on the top of each of the cookie as soon as they come out of the oven. Cool at least 10 minutes on cookie sheet before removing. Cool completely before frosting.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
- Press a few more M&Ms on the top of each of the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven for an even prettier cookie.
- You can use any flavor M&Ms you'd like!
- Switch of the colors of the M&Ms for any holiday.
- Freeze these cookies for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1.1mg