Valentine’s Day Fudge
A layered fudge that's guaranteed to make someone smile for Valentine's Day.
Servings: 36 pieces
- 1 ½ cups (255g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk , divided
- 2 pinches salt , divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract , divided
- 1 ¾ cups (298g) white chocolate chips
- Red food coloring
- 36 conversation heart candies
Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Place chocolate chips and half the can of sweetened condensed milk (5 liquid ounces; just over 1/2 cup) in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture melts together and becomes smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and one pinch of salt.
Quickly pour and spread in prepared pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
When chilling is up, remove pan from refrigerator. Add white chocolate chips and remaining sweetened condensed milk to a clean medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture melts together and becomes smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, one pinch of salt, and red food coloring (about 3-4 drops for a light pink).
Quickly pour over chocolate layer and spread. Immediately top with conversation hearts in a 6 x 6 grid. Let cool to room temperature and then chill until set.
Slice into squares (1 conversation heart per square) and serve.
- Use any flavor extract in place of the vanilla. Cherry, Strawberry, or Raspberry extract would be delicious in the pink layer.
- Be sure to prep all your ingredients and pan before starting. Fudge making is fast!
- Line your pan with foil or parchment for easy removal and slicing.
- Chill the fudge to set completely.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 0.04mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.5mg