Berry Crisp with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
The topping on this Berry Crisp tastes just like an oatmeal cookie! Use your favorite berries to make a fabulous summer dessert.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cook oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. strawberries hulled and sliced (may substitute frozen)
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Make the crumble by combining the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture forms small crumbs. You may need to use your hands to help it along. Set aside.
Place strawberries and blueberries in a large bowl. Toss gently with sugar, lemon, and cornstarch Place in the bottom of a 8” square pan.
Pour the crumble over the top and press down slightly to compact.
Bake for 30-33 minutes. It’s done when the crust is browned and the topping looks crunchy. Serve warm (or room temperature) with whipped or ice cream. Note: if you serve it before it cools and has time to gel, the filling will spill in the pan.
- Aim for about 5 cups of fruit.
- If you're using frozen fruit, be sure to thaw it or at least make sure it's not got chunks of ice crystals on it.
- Use any combination of fruit: berries or peaches work fabulous.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 35.9mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2.3mg