Best Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Starbucks Copycat Blueberry Muffins - this EASY blueberry muffin recipe is better than Starbucks and has a delicious streusel on top! EVERYONE loved these!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 18 muffins
- ¾ cups (93g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons (71g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 2 cups (248g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (190g) blueberries wild or regular sized, fresh or frozen but defrosted and drained
If you’re using frozen berries, make sure to let them defrost and drain well before adding them to the muffins.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with paper baking cups.
Make the topping by stirring together all topping ingredients with a fork in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
Using a hand mixer, mix eggs with electric mixer about 1-2 minutes until thick and frothy. Mix in sugar and oil, beat until creamy. Mix vanilla, vinegar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in sour cream then stir in flour using a wooden spoon. (Batter may be slightly lumpy.) Stir in blueberries.
Fill muffin cups with about 1/4 cup muffin batter. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top of the muffins.
Bake for 15-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a muffin. Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
- Because these use baking soda with vinegar for rising you must bake them immediately after mixing. Don't let the batter sit or they won't rise properly.
- You can use Greek Yogurt in place of sour cream
- Don't have vinegar? Use lemon juice instead!
- An ice cream scoop (1/4 cup scoop) helps load your muffin liners fast and easy. Same with the streusel - use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- You know blueberry muffins are done baking when a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffin.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 38mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.8mg