Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
A classic double chocolate quick bread recipe with zucchini - the perfect breakfast or brunch!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (124g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (152g) shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 8x4-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Add oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla to a large bowl. Stir to mix.
Add cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa to the mixture and stir to combine.
Stir in flour, then fold in zucchini. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips. Bake until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs from the center of the bread, about 45-55 minutes.
Cool at least 10 minutes before slicing. Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- This recipe hasn’t been tested with dutch process cooca, so use regular unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Swap chocolate chips with chopped nuts, or add ½ cup chopped nuts in addition to the chocolate chips in the bread.
- If you use a 9x5-inch loaf pan the bread will be flatter and not as domed, but it works just fine.
- Freezing instructions: Wrap tightly in plastic and freeze for up to 3 months, or freeze slices in sandwich bags for grab and go.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg