Zucchini Galette Recipe
Zucchini Galette is an easy crostata made with cream cheese, pesto and summer squash - substitute ricotta if you want! It's the perfect lunch or easy weeknight meal, perfect for brunch or dinner.
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time25 minutes mins
Total Time45 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a box of 2)
- 2 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 small zucchini squash
- 1 small yellow squash
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
Stir together the cream cheese and pesto in a small bowl. Slice each squash into thin rounds.
Unroll your pie crust onto your cookie sheet. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the pie crust, leaving about a 1/2” border around the edges.
Lay your squash slices on top of the cream cheese. You can be random, or do a pattern.
Gently fold over the edges to form a crust. Sprinkle with a few pinches of pepper.
Bake for 20-24 minutes, until the crust starts to get golden brown and isn’t transparent looking. Cool slightly before slicing.
- Swap ricotta for cream cheese if you want. Or you can use low-fat cream cheese.
- Use any kind of squash you like.
- If using a pre-made crust be sure and use the refrigerated kind you unroll, not a frozen crust.
- For some extra color or variety, add some corn and/or cherry tomatoes to your tart when you layer on the squashes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg