The turkey calzone is a great savory dish with turkey, cheese and and a yummy pastry around it!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 can pizza dough or one homemade recipe
- ⅓ cup (74g) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic divided
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (10g) shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup (92g) pizza sauce
- 4 ounces (115g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (138g) cooked turkey or chicken (shredded or diced small)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Unroll pizza dough and spread out into a rectangle approximately 10x15-inches in size.
Stir together ricotta, 2 teaspoons garlic, spices and parmesan. Spread over the long half of the pizza dough.
Top the ricotta with pizza sauce, mozzarella and turkey.
Fold the top half of the dough over the filling and crimp/roll the edges to seal.
Stir together remaining teaspoon of garlic with oil and brush over the top of the dough. Cut a few slits in the top to vent.
Bake 18-23 minutes or until dough is golden brown and cooked through. Serve hot.
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Use freshly shredded cheese for best melting results.
- Use chicken or turkey (rotisserie or leftover).
- Use whole or part skim rictotta.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 251mg | Iron: 1mg