Zucchini Muffins Recipe
Zucchini muffins are the perfect way to use up zucchini – make this zucchini bread in a muffin pan and make it plain or add nuts or chocolate chips!
Servings 18 muffins
- ½ cup (119ml) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (approximately 152g) shredded zucchini
- 1 cup mix-ins optional, see notes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Add oil, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
Mix in cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Stir in flour, mixture will be thick. Add zucchini and stir until combined – mixture will get looser and more pourable after stirring in zucchini. Stir in mix-ins if using.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Mix in options: add 1 cup total of: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or blueberries. Or sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top before baking.
- Be sure to shred your own zucchini using the large holes of a box grater. Do not drain or squeeze liquid out of the zucchini – you need the moisture to keep the bread moist.
- Sugar: I like the mix of brown and granulated but you can omit the brown sugar and use 1 cup granulated if you prefer.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 48IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg