Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe
This Chocolate Poke Cake is a chocolate lovers dream! Start with an easy cake mix, then fill it with chocolate ganache and top with chocolate whipped cream!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 box chocolate cake mix PLUS ingredients listed on box to make the cake (approx 15.25 ounce box)
- 1 cup (237ml) heavy cream
- 2 cups (340g) chocolate chips
Chocolate Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups (474ml) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (28g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Prepare the cake mix according to the direction on the box. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
With a straw or the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes into the cake. Let the cake cool off completely.
In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine cream and chocolate chips, stirring constantly until you have a smooth texture, about 5 minutes.
Pour over the cooled cake and spread evenly. Cool completely before frosting.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
Beat the whipped the cream to soft peaks in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
Mix in sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract, then beat until it forms stiff peaks.
Add whipped cream to the cake and gently spread evenly on the cake.
- I used a Betty Crocker super moist cake as I wanted a moist cake, but you can use whatever cake mix you like. Just make sure you follow the directions on the box for making the cake.
- After applying the ganache over the cake, wait until completely cool off as it is easier to spread the whipped cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 517mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 1314IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 3mg