Oreo Cupcakes Recipe
Oreo Cupcakes are an easy from scratch chocolate cupcake filled with Oreos and topped with an Oreo frosting!
Servings 24 cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 3/4 cups 347g granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup 63g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups 310g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 119 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 237 ml hot water
- 1 cup 237 ml buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon 15 ml vanilla extract
- 24 Oreos any flavor
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow fluff
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 10 Oreos chopped
- Mini Oreos or additional Oreos, for garnish optional
Make the Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cupcake pans with liners. Place an Oreo in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
Whisk together sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour in a large bowl. Set aside.
Whisk oil, eggs, water, buttermilk, and vanilla in a large measuring cup or bowl.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Batter will be thin.
Pour into prepared pans and bake about 13-16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool completely before frosting.
Make the Frosting:
Beat the butter, shortening and fluff together in a large bowl until smooth.
Beat in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Mix in salt and vanilla and 1 tablespoon of cream, adding more slowly to get your desired texture. Stir in the chopped Oreos.
Frost as desired. Top with mini Oreos for garnish!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 164IU | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 3mg