Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe
Chocolate crinkle cookies are a classic chocolate cookie and always a holiday favorite! No cookie platter is complete without a few of these crackle-topped cookies coated in powdered sugar.
Servings: 30 1 tablespoon size cookies
- 1 ½ cups (186g) all purpose flour
- ¾ cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (57g) powdered sugar for coating
Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Using a hand mixer, mix oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients. The dough is very wet.
Chill the bowl of cookie dough at least 30-45 minutes, or until you're able to scoop and roll the dough without it falling apart.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Scoop 1 or 2 tablespoon balls of dough. Roll the cookies in the powdered sugar then evenly space them cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Bake for about 7-10 minutes depending on size, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- Normally I scoop cookie dough before chilling but for this recipe it's important to chill it first, otherwise the dough is too wet to roll in powdered sugar.
- I recommend making 1 tablespoon size cookies - these will spread just a bit and they're rich, so 2 tablespoon cookies might be a bit large.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg