Ground Beef Stroganoff
Ground Beef Stroganoff is an easy 30 minute meal with ground beef or ground turkey and mushrooms! It's a delicious twist on a classic dinner recipe.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef I use 90% lean
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can beef stock or broth or about 1 3/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup sour cream reduced fat is fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper plus more to taste
Cook noodles according to package directions in a large pot of boiling water.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Drain and remove from pan; keep warm.
Melt the butter in the same pan. Whisk in the flour until smooth then slowly add the beef broth, whisking until no lumps remain. Stir in the tomato paste.
Bring the liquid to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Return the beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper and cook and stir until heated through.
Drain the noodles. Serve beef mixture over noodles.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 877mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 591IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 4mg