5-minute Salted Caramel Sauce
5-minute salted caramel sauce has just 5 ingredients and is the perfect ice cream topping or caramel sauce for cake or pie!
Servings 16 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt or to taste
Place butter in a saucepan and melt over medium-low heat.
Add the brown sugar and milk and turn heat to medium. Stir constantly until the mixture boils. Boil for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. (Once it cools a bit, you can add more salt to taste.)
Pour into jar. Let cool slightly before using. Cover. Store in refrigerator if not using the day it's made.
If mixture separates as it cools, just stir it up or shake it.
If it becomes to thick to pour after chilling, you can heat it in the microwave for a few seconds and stir.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.
- You can use whole milk, 2% or nonfat but whole milk is best.
- Make sure to start the clock once it's BOILING. That means big bubbles all over the pan, not little bubbles around the edge (that's simmering).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 23mg | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg