BEST Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is seriously the BEST Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. One simple secret ingredient makes these an easy cookie recipe that's soft and chewy.
Servings: 20 cookies
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup (59ml) Karo Corn Syrup (Light)
- ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups (217g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (255g) chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk) plus more for topping
Note: This dough requires chilling.
Place softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Add Karo Corn Syrup and brown sugar and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Tip: spray your measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray before measuring your corn syrup. This will ensure easy pouring. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in chocolate chips.
Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
- Try using white chocolate chips or a combination of milk, semi-sweet, and white chocolate chips instead of all one flavor. You can even substitute butterscotch or peanut butter chips, or add your favorite nuts. Just keep the amount of add-ins to 1 1/2 cups.
- To get the melty glossy chocolate chip look I have, add a few chocolate chips to the top of the cookies when they come out of the oven. They'll melt, stick and then cool and be super gooey!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 16mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.6mg