Easy Banana Pudding Recipe
An Easy Banana Pudding Recipe is the perfect potluck or summer dessert made with butter cookies, pudding mix, fresh bananas and whipped cream.
Servings 12 servings
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ¼ cups (296ml) milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not fat-free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon banana extract optional
- 2 cups (474ml) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup (28g) powdered sugar
- 2 packages Chessman butter cookies or other similar sized butter cookie or shortbread cookie
- 5-6 medium bananas sliced
Whisk pudding mix, milk, sweetened condensed milk, and both extracts in a large bowl until smooth. Set aside to set for 5 minutes.
Make whipping cream by beating heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar with a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
Place one layer of cookies in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish (about 24 cookies, depending on what kind you’re using), breaking some to fit if needed.
Fold half the whipped cream into the pudding mixture. Pour half on top of the cookies. Cover with banana slices, then the rest of the pudding mixture.
Spread the remaining whipped cream on top of the pudding and top with crumbled cookies. Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.
Best eaten within 24 hours or up to 2 days (the bananas may discolor after a day or so).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 2.2mg