Peanut Butter Frosting
This easy peanut butter buttercream recipe is a from scratch buttercream full of peanut butter! It's creamy and the perfect frosting for cakes, cupcakes, or brownies!
Servings: 24 servings
- 1 cup (268g) creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups (452g) powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (90ml) heavy whipping cream
Beat peanut butter and butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer until creamy (or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment).
Mix in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time, slowly, until mixture is crumbly. Add salt and vanilla and mix, then add 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.
Beat frosting until smooth, adding more heavy whipping cream until you reach the desired consistency (I always add 6 tablespoons).
Pipe or frost as desired.
- Store frosting in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. For best results, use it within 2 days.
- You can freeze peanut butter frosting for up to 3 months.
- I prefer using a stand mixer to make frosting because it will incorporate the powdered sugar into the butter and peanut butter mixture better, allowing you to use less heavy cream. Stand mixers also whip the cream better, making the frosting even fluffier.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 72mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.2mg